Word of mouth marketing is a way to turn your customers into your fans and create your fan base. It is a way to make your customers loyal to your brand and patronize or buy your product throughout their lifetime.
Trusted reviews can also act as word-of-mouth marketing as people are known to trust recommendations from their family, friends, or even strangers rather than advertisements. The best part of word of mouth marketing is that it makes people talk about your brand to the point of obsession.
There are several strategies of word-of-mouth marketing. Here are 5 of them.
- Influencer Marketing: When it comes to word-of-mouth advertising or marketing if you want to have control over the whole process, the one you should go for is influencer marketing. All you have to do is look for aninfluencer that you would pay to feature your products or services on their social media account. Since you pay the influencer, you have total control over how and when they post your products. The disadvantage of this strategy is that it is not organic and it gets more expensive down the long haul.
- Hashtag Effect: It is always better to turn your business name into ahashtag. With time, you would notice that other people would also start using the hashtag. With hashtags, your fans and customers will help you do word-of-mouth marketing, directly or indirectly. This tactic will make the awareness of your brand stronger, even with the fact that it is hard to track sales coming from the hashtag. However, since your hashtag is also your business name, it will be easier for you to get found on social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram.
- User-Generated Content: As your store continues to grow, user-generated content will continue to be shared by your customers. For example, if you sell clothes, your customers can share a picture of them wearing your product on their Instagram product. As a brand owner or an entrepreneur, the best way to encourage word of mouth is by reposting the posts of your customers. You can also organize a contest by asking your customers to post pictures of them wearing your products and the picture with the highest amount of likes wins the contest.
- Get Reviews: Reviews are as effective as word-of-mouth marketing. Once you create a quality product and go the extra mile for your customers by personalizing their experience, encourage them to drop a review that would help them drive sales. Once potential customers visit your store and see those reviews, the likelihood of them patronizing or buying your products. To collect reviews on your products you can useShopify apps to automate the process. Anytime your customers leave a negative review, they will be immediately redirected to your customer support team.
- Host Giveaways: Organizing contests and giveaways is the best way to start your word of mouth marketing. Ask customers to share the giveaway on social media to stand a chance of winning. This helps open your brand to a newer audience.
There are a lot of word-of-mouth marketing strategies out there that you can use to boost your business. However, the 5 mentioned above are the most effective.